I’m redoing an earlier post of this recipe because I could never get any good photos of the dessert – it was always gone before I remembered to take a picture! Enjoy!
2 cans crushed pineapple
2 cans cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
2 stick of butter
1 cup chopped pecans or sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour both cans of crushed pineapple with juice into a 9 x 13″ baking pan. Pour cherry pie filling over the top, distributing it as evenly as possible.
- Open the bag of dry cake mix and pour it over the fruit. Try to spread it evenly so the crust will be the same thickness throughout. Sprinkle the nuts over the top.
- Slice the butter into thin pats, and place on top of the dry cake mix. It may take 1 1/2 – 2 cubes of butter depending on how thick you cut the slices. It will work either way.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and set in the middle. The fruit should be bubbling up around edge of the dish.
- Serve warm or serve at room temperature; it’s nice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! Refrigerate leftover portions.