This is a great twist on a basic chicken salad. The herbs give the chicken more flavor and it goes well with a light Italian or vinegar and oil dressing. This salad works well as a lunch or complete dinner meal.
Yield: 6 Servings
3-4 chicken breasts, boneless-skinless
1 TBSP finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 TBSP chopped fresh thyme
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 TBSP olive oil
2 packages salad mix – hearts of romaine or Italian salad blend
1 pint of grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
thinly sliced red onion, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small prep bowl mix chopped herbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Apply herb seasoning evenly to chicken breasts. Cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer chicken to a rimmed baking sheet and bake until done (internal temp reaches 165°).
- While chicken cooking in oven assemble salads in individual large plates or bowls.
- Removed cooked chicken from the oven, chop and top salads.
- Serve with Italian dressing or simple side of oil and red wine vinegar.