Salt & Sweet lovers this recipe is for you! I saw a recipe for some cookies with pretzel pieces on Pinterest and thought that sounded great! Here is my version. It’s simple to make and so satisfying for that salty and sweet craving!
Prep time: 15 minutes , plus 1 hour to chill dough
Bake time: 10-12 minutes per batch
Yield: Approx 4 dozen 2½” cookies
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups broken pretzel pieces
Sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Mix flour, soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and pretzels, mix on low until combined.
- Chill dough for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment or spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Scoop dough into round balls, approximately 2 TBSP size. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.