My mom and I decided to make fondue for dinner one night while I was visiting for Thanksgiving. I hadn’t made it in years so I sounded like fun. It’s so easy and a fun for a casual dinner or cocktail party.
3 cups shredded Swiss cheese (12 oz)
3 cups shredded Gruyère cheese (12 oz)
4 tsp cornstarch
1 clove garlic, minced
1 3/4 cups dry white wine
1 TBSP Kirsch or Sherry
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Crusty baguette, cubed or torn
Blanched broccoli and/or cauliflower
- Shred cheeses. Place in a large bowl and mix with cornstarch to coat.
- In a large saucepan heat wine until just simmering. Reduce heat to low.
- Begin adding cheese slowly, allowing to melt before adding more. Stir until mixture is completely melted and bubbly.
- Add Kirsch or Sherry if using, pepper and nutmeg.
- Transfer to fondue pot with low heat. Serve with dippers.