This is a super simple side dish using only a few ingredients. The canned tomatoes provide most of the seasonings and give it zesty Italian flavor in minutes. I like to use this as a quick side dish for barbecued steak or chicken. Enjoy!
4-5 small zucchini
1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian recipe stewed tomatoes
2 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp coarse ground garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
- Slice zucchini into thin rounds, 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat on medium-high.
- Cook zucchini several minutes until zucchini become tender. Season with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add canned tomatoes including liquid.
- Simmer until heated through and zucchini are fully cooked.