These low-carb, low-calorie muffin-size quiches make a great grab-and-go breakfast. They are a nice alternative to basic scrambled eggs in the morning and can be made ahead and frozen. Simply take a few out of the freezer the night before and pop them in the microwave for a fast hot breakfast! I also like them cold as a snack.
Prep Time: 20 minutes, plus 25-30 baking (45-50 total)
Yield: 15-18 quiches
1 package frozen chopped spinach
1 package (6 oz) Canadian Bacon
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 small onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
12 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups shredded low-fat cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper (or less)
- Line muffin tins with foil baking cups or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Defrost and drain spinach according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook until tender.
- Chop Canadian bacon into small pieces.
- In a large bowl crack eggs and beat well with a wire whisk.
- Add drained spinach, Canadian bacon, onions, peppers, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center of quiche comes out clean.
- Refrigerate or freeze after cooking.