This is a sweet (not savory) avocado recipe. The flavor is reminiscent of key lime pie – a bright, fresh citrus flavor. The pie is no-bake and if you use a prepared graham cracker crust prep time is about five minutes.
First you mash the avocado.
Whisk in the lemon juice and the sweetened condensed milk.
Pour into a pie shell and refrigerate for at least an hour for it to set up.
1 cup mashed avocado
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
2 cups of crushed graham crackers
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
or prepared graham cracker crust
- Mix graham crackers and sugar in a small bowl. Pour in melted butter and stir until combined.
- Press into a pie plate and refrigerate 30 minutes or bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Mash avocado until smooth.
- Whisk in lemon juice and condensed milk
- Pour into prepared graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate until set, 1-2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream on top or cool whip.