These crispy rice squares are packed with chocolate and peanut butter flavor. I scored big boxes of Cocoa Krispies last week at Savemart for $1.88 each. When I needed a quick dessert to take to a family get-together I decided to get creative with some rice krispie treats. This recipe comes together quickly and is super rich and chocolatey.
8 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
1 bag (16 oz) marshmallows
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1/2 cup Nutella
1 cup Reese’s Pieces, divided
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13″ pan.
- In a large pot melt the butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat.
- When marshmallows are mostly melted add Nutella.
- Stir until well combined and completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- Wait a few minutes and add 3/4 cup of the candy.
- Spread into prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon or spatula coated with cooking spray to press into place.
- Add reserved candy to the top while still warm.