I never made it to the store today, so it was time to search the freezer for some inspiration. I had a bag of ham left over from a big roast I did a month ago, some frozen vegetables and a package of pot stickers. Sounded like the perfect time to make fried rice!
I’m sure there are a lot of ways to make fried rice, but this is how I do it:
1. Cook rice.
2. Heat some butter and oil in a skillet.
3. Add small diced carrots, frozen peas, fresh garlic, diced ham and sliced green onions.
4. Saute until vegetables are tender. Add fresh grated ginger (I had to substitute ground ginger powder since I didn’t have any on hand. Still good, but not as aromatic).
5. Add rice. Cook until slightly browned.
6. Push rice to the side and crack two eggs into the skillet. Beat with a fork and cook until firm, then mix into the rice.
7. Add soy sauce to taste.
I sever with some pot stickers, but with the veggies and ham it could be a complete meal on its own.