So I went with a favorite at our home – a simple beef stir fry with with snow peas, carrots and fresh bean sprouts. The marinade for the meat comes from a Pampered Chef recipe called Korean Beef Bowls.
1- 1½ pounds of thinly sliced beef, flank steak for example
2-3 green onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP sesame oil
1 TBSP sugar
2 large carrots
3 cups bean sprouts
3 cups snow peas
White rice, cooked according to package directions
- Slice beef against the grain, into small strips ¼ inch wide by 1- 2 inches long.
- Slice green onions.
- In a large bowl combine 1 TBSP of the chopped onions, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- While meat is marinating wash vegetables. Peel carrots and cut into julienne strips.
- In a large sauce pan heat 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Saute meat for 3-5 minutes until browned.
- Add peas, carrots and sprouts and cook until peas are tender.
- Serve over rice, and sprinkle with chow mein noodles.