Bacon. Have you seen the Jack-In-The-Box commercial for “Marry Bacon”. Over the top, yes, but is there anything more delicious than perfectly crispy cooked bacon? It’s the go-to weekend treat in my home.
Here’s a quick tip on cooking bacon to perfection without getting splattered in grease. Cook it in the oven. Yep, that’s how they do it in restaurants. This is a great way to cook a lot of bacon at once which is helpful if you have a big family or are entertaining guests.
- Just lay the slices out on rimmed baking sheets, placing very close together or even slightly overlapping – it will shrink and separate while it cooks.
- Line the pans with foil for easier clean up (optional, but recommended)
- Cook in a preheated oven around 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes for thinner cuts; about 30 minutes for thick-cut.
- Check periodically to make sure it’s getting done but not burned.
- Drain on paper towels and serve
See, totally easy way to do it. Frees you up to work on the eggs, hash browns and other breakfast delights. Have a great weekend everybody!