I woke up way too early this morning. No, I mean really early – 4 am and could not go back to sleep. Finally, at 5:30 I decided to head downstairs to the kitchen for some quiet time while everyone else was still asleep…and make muffins! I wanted to make something easy and fast so muffins were a good choice. I have two bags of beautiful olallieberries in the freezer from our trip to the berry farm this summer.
1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup washed raw sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup whole milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen olallieberries
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease muffin tins with butter or non-stick spray.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add wet to dry and stir until combined. Batter will be lumpy!
- Fold in olallieberries.
- Fill greased muffin tin. Makes enough for 10 muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned on top.
- Let cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer to wire cooling rack.
- Serve warm!
Tips & Tricks: White granulated sugar can be substituted for washed raw sugar. If your berries are very tart you may wish to add two TBSP of sugar to the berries before adding them to the batter. Personally, I like them tart!