After making the Pear Honey jam, I had to make some fresh baking powder biscuits to hold the delicious sweet spread. This is the recipe I use, and it makes about 15-18 biscuits. I’ve made these a lot over the past month and I now think it’s just as easy as using Bisquick and produces a much better biscuits.
Here is what you need:
- 4 c. flour
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1½ c. whole milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter.
- Make a well in the center and pour in milk.
- Mix until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead 10 times.
- Roll out dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut with a 3″ biscuit cutter.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 14 minutes or until tops are golden brown.