These are so good. No, I mean really, really good. And simple to make. I like to make them as gifts to hand out at Christmas. Or anytime really. I made a triple batch last weekend to take to the family cabin at the lake.
The recipe, if you can call it that, requires only three ingredients and takes about 20 minutes to make. Plan a little more time if you are making multiple batches, about 30 minutes total. Plus a few hours for cooling.
You will need:
- A bag of Rollo candies. (A bag contains about 50 pieces)
- Some mini pretzels
- Roasted, salted almonds (or pecans, walnuts…whatever you like.)
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil (or parchment).
- Lay out the pretzels on the cookie sheet. Use only whole pretzels.
- Unwrap all the Rollos. This is the most time-consuming step. Try not to eat too many!
- Place one Rollo on each pretzel.
- Place in the oven on low (approx 250-300°F) for about 5 minutes. You will know they are ready when the chocolate becomes shiny and lighter in color.
- Remove from oven to a cooling rack and press one almond into the top of the Rollo.
- Yep, that’s it. Let them cool. It takes a few hours for the chocolate to harden back up. If you’re really in a hurry place the sheet in the freezer for a few minutes.